I'm BACK!!


Took a blogging hiatus for awhile, but I'm back and excited to write - hopefully consistently!

The Woodwards are facing many changes ahead yet again. We will soon be packing up and moving to Western KY where Luke has already begun his new job as financial aid advisor at Mid-Continent University. This will make the fifth time we have moved in three years of marriage, so you would think we would be pros at the process, but not so... I'm staring at boxes yet to be packed, thinking, "Bleh."

I have dreaded this move as I simply LOVE Lexington, our neighborhood, being three minutes from my brother and his family, playing piano at church, and being just an hour from Mom and Dad... not to mention being in the middle of Wildcat country!! And at first, when Luke took the new job, I thought, "This is not what I pictured or dreamed my life to be."

Of course, God has so gently reminded me that my life should not be how I "picture" it, because if I got everything I wanted, if I planned every detail of my life and made all my decisions on my own, I would have a much less fulfilling and meaningful life. When I trust in God's plan for me and allow His plan to unfold, the fruit is ALWAYS more than I could have imagined. So why on earth would I complain now? Recalling God's faithfulness in the past helps us trust Him for the future. HE IS FAITHFUL.

So as we embark on this new adventure in our life journey, I am, day by day, trying my best to push my selfish concerns aside and recall His faithfulness... His sweet, sweet faithfulness.
Off to fill up a box...

Comments

Popular Posts