behind the blog name change


Some photos from some of those last glorious fall days I never posted...





Some of you might have noticed the blog name change.  Or perhaps you didn't, which is cool, too.  The former name, "Satin Joy," was something I came up with to combine the girly attributes of some of my posts whether it be fashion or beauty or what have you, with my spiritual and life posts.  It worked okay, but I was never fully sold on it as a forever name.  "Joyward" came to me one day a few months back as a play on "joy" and "Woodward" (our last name) and "onward."  In essence, we are pursuing joy in all things.  The Bible has a LOT to say about joy.  It makes one thing very clear.  Those who love God should have joy!  We should live in joy whether in happy or hard times, and we should consider every situation an opportunity for joy!


Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.. - James 1:2-4

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. - Romans 12:12

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. - Psalm 16:11

These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. - John 15:11

For our heart is glad in Him, because we trust in His holy name. - Psalm 33:21

...just to name a few.


So whether it's a day of work or family or ministry or fashion or silliness or sorrow, I vow to choose JOY.

So joyward we go...




Comments

Popular Posts