a day I've been waiting for




My dearest Allie,

Yesterday was a day I'd longed for.  My first Mother's Day.

Not only did you soothe the ache in my heart that longed for a child, but my heart has grown about ten sizes since you came.  Oh, Allie, you bring so much joy to my life every day, not just on Mother's Day.  Every day with you is special and worth celebrating!

Today I received a pretty purple flower at church as a gift for being a mom.  When we got home from church, your daddy gave me two sweet cards.  One was from you, Daddy, and the puppies and it made me laugh.  The other was just from Daddy with very sweet words he had written.  He loves watching me be a mommy to you!  Then I opened your gift.  It was a Willow Tree figurine of a mother and daughter.  It is beautiful and precious just like you.

Thank you for lighting up my life and making my heart explode with love.  You are better than anything I could have dreamed of.  I am convinced I am the most fortunate and blessed woman in the world to get to be your mama!









Comments

  1. Such precious thoughts, Jen. What a wonderful gift from our Loving Father. She is a living doll! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!

Popular Posts