letters from a puppy mom



Dear Huckleberry,

You have grown on me, my handsome Huck.  Your stubbornness was overwhelming at first, but you are now often more obedient than your brother.  You are becoming a more unselfish leader for Indy, and it's a beautiful thing to watch.  You are already so protective, protective of our home and of us.

I love how when I approach you to take you to your crate, you just roll over on your back so that I will rub your belly first.  You're smooth, I tell ya.  I love how you snuggle up against me when I lie down on the floor with you.  I love how you lie on your back in my arms as I rub your belly while you look up at me with tired eyes.

My heart smiles every time you jump off of something.  You love jumping off of things, whether it's the porch or the treadmill.  You jump as high as your little pudgy self will allow, and then you go back and do it again.  I love that your brother jumps off of things, too, because he watches you do it.  I love that you love to have fun.  I love that you like to crawl under things, too.  You slide under the couch or the bed and stick your little nose out so that we barely see you.

I love that you were waiting patiently outside my bedroom door for me this morning when I was still in bed.  You are my wonderful Huckleberry.

Love,
Mommy




Sweet Indy,

What a little firecracker you are!  You are sweet and shy one moment and adventurous and mischievous the next.  When you get into trouble and you lay your head down and look up at me with pouty eyes, my heart breaks.  You give the funniest, high-pitched, spunky barks when you want our attention.  I love your spirit.

Your eyes say it all, Indy.  I love holding you and seeing you looking up at me.  You look at me out of the very tops of your eyes with your chin held low, pouty and full of love all at once.  I love that you are so quick to give kisses.

You're so funny sometimes.  Often while your poor brother is trying to rest, you lick and lick on his ear for days.  You lick my ears when you get the chance, too.  I don't know what it is about you and ears.  I love it when you lie on your back and beg with your front paws.  You're so cute I can barely stand it.

I love when you come and sit on my feet as I'm getting ready in the bathroom.  I love when you nuzzle into my neck while I hold you close.

You have stolen my heart, little Indiana.

Love,
Mommy




Comments

Popular Posts