FIIIIIIIIINALLLLYYYYY!!! (finally :))


FINALLY made it back to blog! A lot has happened since I last wrote. We moved. We began our Master's degrees. We've had snow! (Sawyer loves to watch it as pictured above :)) We've been helping out with the worship and college ministries at church. Mom and Dad came to visit!.. I'm enjoying it all, but it is certainly a super busy time and I think the biggest challenge right now is learning how to still prioritize... I just read this week from John Piper that often one of the greatest enemies to our prayer life is the activity of ministry itself - the "good" things we fill our time doing that can swallow up our actual communing with God. I have been completely guilty of not beginning my day by talking to God because my day was so full, and how foolish that is! Time with God, talking to Him, listening to Him, seeking Him... should be NUMBER ONE. What a precious and difficult time as He is teaching me this.

I am still teaching middle-schoolers as a long-term sub, and it is both draining and rewarding. My heart breaks for many of the kids as I hear their difficult home-life stories and things they've been through. I have to trust that perhaps I'm making a difference. The pivotal verse in Esther comes to mind a lot when I think about my students... 'Who knows but that you have come to your position for such a time as this?'

Below are just a couple pics of our home - the living room and master bedroom (previously orange and red :))... You can see the rest in my fb album.


That's all for now! Posts will still be more infrequent and perhaps short as much of my time is dedicated to studies.

Blessings!
jenn

Comments

Popular Posts